The magnificent twitch streamer Jewlander returns to furnish us with his wisdom. Which is lovely because he notices things other people take forever to see, then he kills those people before his disguise is blown. Admittedly there was a lot to see since Valentine’s day had Valve drop a massive love heart on the TF2 fandom by way of a massive pack of updates. Also, there is music coming to […]
Category winner for 2013
Gamemode of the day
Steal the enemy's intelligence and get it back to your base!
TF2 Players in servers
|valve server||9,866 players|
|community server||9,698 players|
|community comp. server||105 players|
Community newsAggregated from various sources.
At the top of the community quick-play overview there is a search option, for you to quickly find a gamemode, map or servers.
But did you also know that you can specify what you want to search for? Try for example this:
gamemode <gamemode> e.g.: gamemode ctf
map <map_name> e.g.: map ctf_2fort
server <server_name> e.g.: server fight club
community <community_name> e.g.: community skial
This will specifically query only gamemodes/maps or servers depending on what you started your search with! Note that you cannot search through servers/maps that have no players on them at the moment. Due to budget/process contraints we cannot include all servers. Check this graph for context.
In case you have any other suggestions to put in the search, I'd love to hear it!
Rally Call is a series of video game charity events that help different charities each year. This February 25th and 26th, Rally Call will be hosting a TF2 Tournament featuring YouTubers, steamers and other TF2 personalities. This event will support International Animal Rescue, a foundation that helps animals in danger all over the world. Click here to donate and learn more.
Another jam is over, and the TF community really turned this one out! The final count of entries was 686, which includes 230 SFM creations, 196 artworks, 146 maps, 34 models, 14 videos, 12 fanfictions, 2 games, 2 plushes, and a poem. Check them out and learn more here.
Hey everyone, we just wanted to drop you a line about a situation currently developing. For the past few weeks, our good friend and fellow staff member here at TF2Maps @Freyja has been fighting a rather serious medical illness. She has been diagnosed with Lymphoma, a rather not uncommon, but aggressive form of cancer. A tumor has very quickly grown on her spine and has caused near complete paralysis from the waist down.
Luckily, her doctors say this is a very treatable...
Read the full article.
In an effort to reach out to the community, we reached out the community, and got Wack.tf. That’s not a site, although it probably will be soon. In a show filled with sentences that probably should have ended a lot sooner than they did, I just wanted to say TF2 maps Winter 2017 Jam Void’s maze Uberchain + Kichizone’s thing Truck Robot thing Yotts’ Phat Platt Dueling Badge TF2 Pancakes […]
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
- Improved Steam Voice support for servers that have enabled it
- Removed sv_use_steam_voice convar. Steam voice is now selected via "sv_voicecodec steam"
- Fixed demos not properly recording Steam Voice status, resulting in potential corrupt voice in demos with differing default settings
- Will now use the native Steam Voice sampling rate, instead of clamping to 11kHz
- Improved compatibility with Steam client beta
- Fixed OS X voice communication sounding high-pitched when using the default CELT voice codec
- Fixed an animation bug that would cause the client and server hitboxes to become out of sync
- Fixed the Scout not playing the correct animation when using the Shortstop's Alt-Fire to shove someone
- Fixed some missing VO sounds for the Scout when he picks up a baseball
- Fixed Spectators seeing the fake death notices for the Spy when he feigns death
- Fixed the Widowmaker not doing increased damage when the Sentry's target is a building, boss, or tank
- Fixed not earning Crikey meter progress with The Cleaner's Carbine when damaging a building, boss, or tank
- Fixed the Scout not getting assists for shoving players while using the Shortstop
- Fixed not being able to use non-tradable Giftapults
- Fixed powerups sometimes being removed from the game in Mannpower mode
- Fixed a case where the scoreboard would not update properly when players volunteer to switch teams in Casual mode
- Fixed a case where Casual servers would spontaneously terminate with "Server shutting down" upon losing connection with the matchmaking service
- Updated the logic used to pick the maps players can vote on in the end-of-match map vote on Casual servers to help maintain healthier game mode representation across regions
- Casual servers were often rotating to unrelated game modes during votes, resulting in partially filled servers in certain regions
- Updated the player_bodygroups that are hidden when equipping The Dark Falkirk Helm and The Sole Saviors
- Updated the model/materials for The Snowmann to fix some LOD issues
- Updated the localization files
- Added Gift Wrap back to the Mann Co. Store at a reduced price
- Added TF2Maps 72hr TF2Jam Winter Participant 2017 community medal
- Added Rally Call Charity Tournament community medals
- Added ozfortress Season 18 tournament medals
- Added new survey questions to the end-of-match survey for Casual and Competitive modes and fixed a bug where multiple surveys could be displayed at the same time
Here’s a couple of tips for you. If you really want to piss off Valve, get your entire fan base to email them at the same time. If you really don’t want to come on KritzKast, ask us to come on KritzKast. This is true in 99.9% of cases. the 0.01% apparently, is if you are HiGPS HiGPS’s weapons update/nerf sheet Workshop items Rainbow Vomit Tee Banjo Taunt Panda hat […]
TF2Maps presents their next 72hour TF2Jam this Friday, February 10th at 6pm GST. The last TF2Jam had over 500 entries, and they're looking to make this one even bigger!
For the uninitiated, the TF2Jam is all about the art and craft of all things Team Fortress 2, done in less than 72 hours. This includes creating maps, models, videos, artwork, fanfiction, articles, games, mods, sculptures, interpretive dance, and anything else! Participants receive an in-game medal and a well-deserved sense of pride. Click here to learn more.
O’ for the win, for the wins of the tf2dove. I was going to be lazy and just put the rest of the lyrics in as the show notes, but it appears Felix Mendelsohn and William Bartholemew beat me to it in 1844 by writing a song so repetitive those few words you’ve memorised from it, actually make up 90% of the whole. A hundred years later and an entire […]
LuckyLukeTF2 is back with the Top 12 special for 2016! Just like last year, this edition features all the #1 comp TF2 plays of the month for the year of 2016, and it certainly has it all: from a backstab while surfing through the air to a quad airshot. Check out the action above or on LuckyLukeTF2's Youtube channel here.